Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today at the park

Today is day 2 of summer break for my kids. I can tell they are already getting bored. Madison has spent most of her time working on a puzzle of New York City. Kira has already finished a 260 page book, and has started on another.  Hadley really likes playing outside, so I decided to go to the park and have a picnic. I have been many times with Hadley and there are always other kids there. 

All the moms I have met have been very nice, until today. It was a play group of about 6 moms. They just seemed very stuck up like they were better then everyone else. It was just weird. Their kids on the other hand were throwing sand and wood chips, running up the slide while kids were trying to come down pushing little ones out of the way, etc, etc.  And that's not what bothered me the most, it was that the moms that said nothing. They just stood there like they were doing nothing wrong.

Now I'm not saying my kids do nothing wrong, but when they do, they are corrected. Kira tried to run up the slide, she was told "no." I really don't want Hadley trying to do and get hurt. Slides are for sliding down, not running up.

Hopefully the next time we go it will be better, I don't like to leave someone my kids are having fun because mom's don't control their kids.

1 comment:

  1. Well you know all you can do is try to get the girls to do as you ask and others will maybe follow their lead. And you have a neice and a nephew that like to do nothing but go UP the slide. Funny as I read this I was thinking oh boy, that is all C3 and C4 love to do.

    Im glad you are bloggging. Tell the kids we love them and tell Drew I am ready to sing Boy Band music to him when he is ready

    ReplyDelete