Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fun and Not so Fun Weekend...

I have to be completely honest the weekend started out not so fun. Andrew woke up Friday with his elbow red, swollen and not able to move his arm. He really didn't have an explanation as to why it would be hurt. He kept ice on it  all day. Well that did not help. Saturday morning it was even worse. We decided to go to the ER to find out what was wrong. I was not looking forward to taking Hadley, but Madison and Kira were still out of town.

We got to the hospital around 10 am. I was so happy to see it was pretty slow. I was hoping we would be out within a couple hours. He was called back within 2 minutes and the DR was in our room about 5 minutes later. It was so nice he came in, took a look and diagnosed him with bursitis. It took him a few minutes to drain it, wrap it up and give him his prescriptions. It was so nice to be in and out of the ER in about 35 minutes. It couldn't have gone any better. 

We get home and everything seems fine, he's working in the garage.  About 3 hours later he comes in the house in more pain, and its swelling all the way down to his fingers. So guess what?... Yep we were on our way back to the ER. I had a feeling this visit wasn't gonna be as fun, so I got a couple toys and snacks for Hadley and out the door we go.  When the Dr. comes in the room he starts drawing on his arm so we can see if it spreads even more.  They do some blood work and can't find anything else. A couple hours later there was no change, so we headed back home.  Luckily Hadley slept most of the time.


Now on to the fun part of our weekend.. The girls got home early afternoon. Hadley was so excited to see them. She kept smiling and was grabbing on to their legs. It was so cute. We decided to go do some shopping. Madison and I got matching purple mountain bikes, and I got a new grill.


                                                                         

I was so happy. I've wanted a bigger/nicer one for a while. I wasn't expecting to get the one I did, but Target had it 50% off and I had 10% off coupon.  By the time I got back Andrew was almost done working in the kitchen. The only thing left is installing our cutting board (which I haven't ordered yet, they are expensive.) and tile under the breakfast bar.


That's all for now... Hadley is ready for a nap.

4 comments:

  1. Tell Mad that she left her ugly Nike Shox here and C4 is wearing them all around the house. First it was C3's then my new running shoes, now he is wearing these ugly shoes. We enjoyed it and had fun. The kids always love seeing her. Tell drew I said hello and Backstreets Back Alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you didnt have your husband working so hard he might be able to rest and get better. Look in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous....
    My husband enjoys working and providing for his family.... that's what real men do right? No man wants to be a dead beat that can't provide. Sorry he's not a lazy ass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a very hard worker...he seems to enjoy working hard & providing for his family and he did fight for his country...Marines take care of their own...

    ReplyDelete